Monday, February 3, 2014

In God's Presence

Davis* is a nine year old boy who has been coming to the Saturday morning children's breakfast program and also the children's groups we have in our center.  He had the experience a couple weeks ago of accepting Jesus in to his heart.  Right now on Wednesdays we are having a children's cooking class in our center.  The first evening I was driving 3 of the kids home with Miriam, another one of the missionaries.  In the backseat was Davis, his sister Sarah,* and her friend, Emma.*  As we were driving along, Sarah cursed.  "That d*** car..."  Davis responded with authority in his voice, "You shouldn't swear, Sarah, because we're in the presence of God."  I was astounded at this declaration!  "No we're not!" Sarah retorted.  I agreed with Davis, "He's right, Sarah.  God is always with us, that makes us in His presence."  Davis again reiterated, "Yeah, we are in His presence."

* * *

What about us?  Do we live in the presence of God?  Do we daily take hold of Jesus by faith?  Do we invite the Holy Spirit to come and dwell within us, equipping us for whatever life throws at our way?  
Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.  Matthew 18:2, 3

*not their real names

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow. That's all I can think to say.

Thank you for sharing this experience and your thoughts.