Monday, August 8, 2011

Provision

"Watch out for the nettles!" he told me as I went out to pick black raspberries.  As I happened upon the overgrown patch where the berries were, I noticed the nettles.  But I also noticed the touch-me-not.  Touch-me-not is a green plant with orange flowers.  When it forms seed pods, they become more bulging the more mature they get.  When touched, they burst open sending the seeds soaring through the air.  Another use for touch-me-not is for bug bites, poison ivy, and of course, nettles.  When the leaves and stalk are smashed up, one can smear it on the affected area and it works as a natural anti-itch.  We used to smear it on ourselves as kids on mosquito bites when tramping through the woods by the river.  What struck me about the above situation, however, was how there was touch-me-not growing right next to the nettles.  The cure for the ailment was very near.  It reminds me of how God makes provision for us.  He's the touch-me-not to our nettles. 

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's neat. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to talk to you soon! Praying for you, friend.