Yet.
Are you at the store yet?
This could be heard two ways (at least I think only two!). The first--you are driving down the road in your car. Your mom calls you on your cell phone. She says "are you at the store yet?" Meaning, have you arrived at the store? The second--you are busy putting 20 cans of black olives in your shopping cart because they are on sale for 89 cents, and you love black olives. Your cell phone rings. It's your mom. You think to yourself, oh, perhaps she needs me to pick up something else at the store! Mom says "are you at the store yet?" Meaning, are you at the store still? Is it just me, or isn't that fascinating!?
3 comments:
I do think it is fascinating. Words are so interesting!
Are the olives sliced or whole? Black or green? I prefer whole ;) they taste better!
As always, dear Bekah, you make me smile!
Laurel, I'm glad I'm not the only one :D
Caitlin--black, and whole. I agree, they taste better!!!
Post a Comment