I don't like change. Different things. Different people. Old things gone. Old people gone. New things. They all make me uncomfortable! It seems like moving on means that I have to forget the past--or the good times of the past are blurred because of the tumultuous, changing present. For instance, I had a really good friend not come back to school this past year. It seemed like in order to accept the change and move on, I had to forget the past. I'd have to forget how things used to be. Let go. The connection to the person would be different. This past week a really good friend left camp. Another change.
In a changing world, however, there's one thing that doesn't change.
For I am the LORD, I change not... Malachi 3:6
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Hebrews 13:8
2 comments:
Thanks for the reminder that God never changes. I needed that.
You know, in heaven I think that change will be of little consequence, Isn't our distaste for change borne of the fact that we relish the pleasant experiences that we have. Then when change comes we realize that the time that we had to relish these experiences is actually finite instead of infinite as we would like to believe. Well, in Heaven that's not going to be a problem. And yes, Bekah, a Friendship with Jesus is one thing that can stay forever.
Post a Comment