
well...in case you've noticed how all smiles seem to have been nonexistent from my face lately...it's because I've had somewhat of a direction in life crisis. I had pretty much decided the fact that I was graduating very soon and doing something that I didn't want to do was filling me with an incredible feeling of dread (dread--great agitation and anxiety caused by the expectation or the realization of danger). After a sequence of events, much prayer, an email to Mrs. Minner, some chats with Dr. Ball, and a wonderful talk with my esteemed, wonderful, and amazing flute teacher...I have changed my major to nursing. No more awful classes in Summerour! ha, just kidding...about the nursing part that is. Yes, I have joined the ranks of those who have ditched music ed. I am becoming a flute performance major. Now instead of tiring my embouchure out by practicing my saxophone, hurrying to get hours of observing in which I have terribly procrastinated on, attending classes in Summerour, abhorring band because that's what I was going to have to face someday... I can practice Karg-Elert etudes, the circle of doom, finger drills, seamless and spinning vibrato between notes, wicked good driving air, perfect little tapers --my wonderful and dear flute, with which I have recently fallen in love. I can hear it now! what are you going to do? Go to grad school, of course! AHH how much fun! To live, breathe, and experience music. Am I scared about going back to public school? About leaving our little Adventist utopia? Yes. But I try and remember...
"Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go,
Anywhere He leads me in this world below;
Anywhere without Him dearest joys would fade;
Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid."
Anywhere He leads me in this world below;
Anywhere without Him dearest joys would fade;
Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid."
5 comments:
Hurrah for Bekah!!! I'm so glad you were able to make a decision and that smiles will be returning to your face! Bekah without smiles is almost as horrifying a thought as Bekah without green! Almost...
yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!! Bekah's smiling again!!!!! i hope you're coming to church today because I can't MISSSSSS you!
Yay Bekah! I'm so happy for you: it must be a wonderful happiness if even the circle of doom can't touch it. hehe.
Bekah you need to change your "about me"- it is horribly out-dated. :) You need to come over and have some potatoes this week....
Wow you really startled me there for a second! I really thought you were going to do nursing. hahaha I'm very happy for you! :)
Post a Comment